While winery destinations are quite popular amongst wine lovers, the Biltmore Winery is a place where visitors get to feel like they are royalty. The winery is part of the Biltmore Estate, which was built in 1895 and covers more than 8000 acres. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina, it is currently the largest privately-owned mansion in the United States. Because the estate is so large it is recommended that visitors spend at least one full day here in order to enjoy all of the many benefits that this beautiful wine estate has to offer.
The Biltmore House, Estate
Self-guided tours are available for the Biltmore House, which includes a variety of priceless antiques and art pieces. Taking a relaxing walk through the estate’s gorgeous and lush gardens is a favorite pastime for visitors. Hiking trails, biking trails, a conservatory and a pond all found here make for great photo opportunities. Segway tours, river trips, fly fishing, carriage rides and horseback riding are all outside activities for visitors to enjoy.
America’s Most Visited Winery
It’s easy to see why the Biltmore Winery is America’s most visited winery as it truly offers quite the unique experience. Visitors are able to explore the entire historic Biltmore estate while learning about their wine making process, which currently makes at least 20 handcrafted vintages under the Biltmore name. Red wines, white wines and rose´ wines are all available, allowing visitors to find the perfect wines to share with the friends and family. New wine choices as well as limited release wines are also available.
- Wine Tour. The self-guided wine tour is a must! Be sure to check the schedule as a variety of cooking demonstrations and special wine classes are always being given.
- Tasting Room. The large tasting room allows visitors to sample many different wine varieties. Because there tends to be at least 50 different types of wine available for tasting everyone is surely to find a few they like.
- Wine Seminars. Attending some of the educational wine seminars is a great way for visitors to learn more about wine. For example, one of the seminars is titled Wine and Chocolate, which teaches visitors how to pair the right wine with the right food.
- Biltmore Inn. The Biltmore Inn offers guests the gracious hospitality they deserve as they are known for providing exceptional guest services.
- Biltmore Shopping, Dining. Shopping and fine dining are all part of the Biltmore Winery experience.
- The Stable Café is located in the Stable Courtyard, a perfect place to stop for refreshments after doing some local shopping.
- The Bistro specializes in using regionally sourced ingredients.
- The Smokehouse offers southern favorites, including barbecue.
Hanging out at the Wine Bar with other wine lovers is a favorite pastime for people who visit America’s most visited winery on a regular basis.
Travel Makers MD
image source: Copyright: <a href=’https://www.123rf.com/profile_ammentorp’>ammentorp / 123RF Stock Photo</a>